|Has Sophia fully bought into Ben's crazy plan?|
I am taking my work as remote telecommuting employee on the road -- transforming work from home into work from wherever.
Sophia and I are running away from home. We're going on a road trip that will likely last the rest of the summer.
We're starting out with the long Independence Day weekend made a little longer with a couple vacation days. After that, we'll explore the country and I'll work from wherever.
In making the journey more important than the destination, we've set some guidelines:
Our Roadtripping Rules
- No whining
- Avoid Interstate highways
- Avoid chain restaurants
- Stop, see, and do stuff along the way
- Work as if I weren't traveling, at least 4 days a week (I'm taking vacation one day a week.)
- Practice just-in-time planning.
- Adapt the journey based on what we learn as we go
- Enjoy life
- Don't run out of money before we get back home :)
We'll be sharing our journey at Roadtripping.OutOfOffice.us.